Hail damage can be disastrous which is why we’ve made the claims process as simple as possible for you:
What to do when claiming for your car
If your windscreen, bonnet or car windows were damaged by a hailstorm, here’s what to do:
- Report the incident immediately to Santam's 24/7 SOS and claims line on 0860 505 911. You could also register a claim on the Santam app.
- Next, our SOS staff will arrange for emergency repairs to ensure vehicles are roadworthy after the claim is registered.
- If you’ve had any emergency repairs done already, send your invoice to email@example.com
- You will be asked specific questions about the damage to your car (e.g. was the vehicle stationary or moving, were headlights or taillights damaged, are there cracks in the paint?) and your motorglass (e.g. did the hail penetrate the windscreen, sunroof or rear window?).
- You will then be directed to the most convenient hail drive-in assessment centre.
- Here an assessor will take a look at the damage and refer you to the most appropriate repairer. Please note: repairs will be done on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
What to do when claiming for your home
If the inside or outside of your home was damaged by a hailstorm, here's what to do:
- Call Santam's 24/7 SOS and claims line on 0860 505 911 with detailed information about the incident. You could also register a claim on the Santam app.
- You will also be asked a few questions related to the damage to your home, e.g. how many windows were damaged, was the roof damaged, is there any damage to the contents of the house, is there any damage to the exterior walls, are your premises fit to live in?
- An assessor will visit your home and inspect the damage, then recommend Santam approved contractors to repair any damages.
If you’d like more information about protecting your car and home against hail damage, visit our weather advice page or call Santam on 0860 444 444.