Every day, your house is exposed to many potential risks. We want to help you make sure your home is sufficiently protected against the most unusual and unexpected events.
With almost 100 years of experience, Santam will help you ensure that your residential home, walls, paving and swimming pool cover matches its true replacement value.
Our building insurance covers the following:
- The tracing of leaks and necessary repair costs – up to R5 000;
- Damage to your buildings caused by wild baboons and wild monkeys - a minimum of R10 000;
- Fire extinguishing as well as any fire-fighting costs incurred; and
- The property while it is in the process of being transferred to your name.
We also include the following convenience benefits, at no additional cost:
- The cost of damage to residential gardens as a result of fire, including damage to irrigation systems;
- Emergency accommodation if your house is damaged and not suitable to live in – up to R5 000;
- The cost of employing security staff to protect your residence – up to R5 000; and
- The removal of fallen trees.
Additional building insurance cover
At an additional monthly premium you can extend your building insurance to cover fixed machinery against accidental damage. These include fixed installations relating to swimming pools, spa baths and garage doors.
Click below to read a comprehensive break-down of our personal lines insurance solutions.