Insurance for small emerging businesses and taxis
Established in 2006, VUM is a specialist provider of the widest range of insurance solutions and related benefits to taxi owners and emerging businesses in South Africa. Our risk management solutions are as unique as the South African taxi and emerging enterprise industry. Backed by our first-hand experience and solid growth over the past few years, we are able to support your emerging business through tailored cover solutions and value-added services.
WHY INSURE WITH VUM?
- Streamlined business processes to offer fast turnaround on quotations and claims.
- A suite of innovative products to support your business.
- The first underwriting agency in South Africa to offer cash-back benefits to taxi owners.
- Vulindlela Zuzimali offers a cash-back system as a no-claims bonus to reward businesses for their loyalty, and for applying sound business practices.
- VUM Taxi pays back 10% of your premiums after a 24-month claim-free period.
- VUM AssetSure pays back 10% of you premiums after a 36-month claim-free period.
From its humble start-up beginnings in 2006, Vulindlela Underwriting Managers fast evolved into South Africa’s leading provider of innovative risk solutions and cash back benefits to taxi owners and emerging businesses across the country.
Established as a start-up business in 2006, VUM specialises in providing the widest range of insurance solutions for taxi owners and emerging businesses in South Africa.Download Brochure
Insurance for small emerging businesses
We have developed a product (AssetSure) that cuts through the complexity and gives you reliable insurance at a premium that your business can afford. Backed by Santam, we provide insurance solutions for your small business against unforeseen risks. We understand your business and are ready to give you the cover you need. VUM AssetSure caters for a range of emerging businesses, from car washes to funeral parlours, hair salons and spaza shops. Included in the cover is a full range of benefits, such as vehicles, buildings, stock and equipment, money, public liability, theft, etc.
- Motor - insuring your business vehicles against theft or damage.
- Buildings, Contents and Stock - cover in case of fire, theft or acts of nature at your place of business.
- Cover in case of fire, theft or acts of nature at your place of business.
- Electronic Equipment and Machinery - cover for those important items your business can’t do without.
- Cover for those important items your business can’t do without.
- Money - cover for your cash while on your premises or in transit to the bank.
- Cover for your cash while on your premises or in transit to the bank.
- Business All Risks - for those valuables that accompany you like cell phones, tablets and tools.
- Goods in Transit - we’ll cover your stock while it’s being transported. We’ll cover your stock while it’s being transported.
- Public Liability - protect yourself against legal action with the right kind of liability cover. Protect yourself against legal action with the right kind of liability cover.
- Business Interruption - what happens to your business while you recover from a fire? This section covers you for your lost profits and fixed expenses whilst you get up and running again What happens to your business while you recover from a fire? This section covers you for your lost profits and fixed expenses whilst you get up and running again.
- Employee Dishonesty - cover in case your employees steal or defraud you.
- Personal Accident - to compensate you and your employees for accidental death and disability. To compensate you and your employees for accidental death and disability.
- Roadside Assistance - automatically included with comprehensive insurance for passenger vehicles and LDV’s. Automatically included with comprehensive insurance for passenger vehicles and LDV’s.
- SASRIA - cover for losses arising during riots and strikes – automatically included in the relevant section.
The benefits of insuring with us
Santam is the insurer of choice for millions of South Africans countrywide. We help you be safe and stay safe – everywhere you go. If you need four more reasons to choose Insurance good and proper.Learn more
Specialist taxi insurance
VUM provides a wide range of insurance solutions for owners of vehicles used for taxi and commercial transport purposes. It doesn’t matter if you own a sedan, minibus, midibus, tuk-tuk, shuttle services or metered cab, as long as someone is paying to be transported in your car, we will cover you with our specialist Taxi Insurance product. VUM offers the widest range of insurance products for these types of vehicles. Cover includes comprehensive, third-party, fire and theft or third-party only (for up to R2 million) cover for all types of taxis.ment, money, public liability, theft, etc. Beyond the normal comprehensive insurance, cover options can be extended to include:
- Fixed expenses - we will pay you a set amount each week (maximum of four weeks) while your vehicle is being repaired or replaced following an accident or theft
- Annual stand-alone passenger liability - protection against legal liability to passengers after an accident.
- Personal accident - compensation for the driver and/or passengers if they are killed or permanently disabled in an accident.
- Specified sound equipment – including radios/cds/dvd players, installed in the vehicle
- Trailer cover - cover for your luggage trailers.
- Ascendance, violation and credit shortfall (AVCS) cover - if your vehicle is written off and you still owe the bank, we will settle the outstanding amount.
Zuzimali - no claims bonus award
- This is a no claims bonus rewarding the insured for applying sound business practice and loyalty to VUM.
- 10% of premium will be paid to the client after 36 months of claims free cover.