It is our belief that real estate insurance solutions should be appropriately designed, simple to access, simple to understand and provide sustainable protection to our policyholders.
We offer innovative products and services to meet the needs of the collective property schemes industry (sectional title / home owners association / retirement villages), which cater for the residential and commercial real estate markets. We also offer specialised insurance solutions for the broader real estate industry, including property developers.
Our team has in-depth expertise, experience and understanding of the sectional title industry. We are able to give you technical assistance to ensure that the sectional title scheme runs smoothly, is financially sound, and complies with the relevant regulations and legislations. We understand the importance of working in partnership with our intermediaries to provide the best possible insurance solutions for residential and commercial collective property schemes to manage risk associated with the real estate industry.
Why insure with us?
- Innovative products and services to meet the needs of the complex sectional title and collective property scheme market.
- Dedicated focus enables us to offer industry-leading products that are highly adaptable within an evolving environment.
- Policies comply with the requirements of the Sectional Title Act, thereby protecting the owners and trustees of sectional title properties.
- World-class claims service with excellent claim-processing infrastructure.
- Policies include special features such as public liability cover, trustee liability cover, geyser maintenance, etc.
- Structured products for the real estate development industry.
We understand the importance of working in partnership with our intermediaries to provide the best possible insurance solutions for residential and commercial collective property schemes to manage risk associated with the real estate industry.Download Brochure
Our range of solutions include:
Residential sectional title schemes such as flats, townhouses, semi-detached houses, dual houses, etc.
Share block schemes: Group and cluster housing schemes (often referred to as “gated villages”) controlled by homeowners’ associations
Sectional title retirement villages: Retirement villages (but excluding frail care liability)
Golf estates: Golf estate and lifestyle living, holiday apartments
Corporate sectional title office blocks and office parks.
Structured products for the broader real estate industry.
Residential sectional title
Our offering provides collective property schemes insurance solutions for domestic sectional title schemes such as flats, townhouses, gated villages controlled by homeowners; associations, retirement villages, holiday apartments, etc.
Cover is provided for the entire complex including all buildings, common area contents, motor, all risk items, fidelity risk (including computer crime) and liabilities.
Commercial sectional title
Today’s real estate and property managers are faced with a range of complex risks, with significant financial implications that can mean the difference between business success and failure. From office building or equipment damage to employee injuries onsite, you need to know you have the cover you need for your commercial real estate business.
We offer collective property schemes insurance designed for commercial sectional title schemes such as sectional title office blocks/parks, light industrial parks and warehouse parks and has been designed specifically to comply with the latest Sectional Title Schemes Management Act (STSM Act) and Community Schemes Ombud Services Act (CSOS Act) legislations.
Policies include special features:
- Public liability cover up to R100 million
- Trustee liability up to R10 million
- Cyber risk cover up to R1 million
- Automatic fidelity cover (including computer crime) up to R50 000 (up to R1 million can be provided)
- Geyser maintenance cover of up to R1 000
- Policies can include any combination of residential and commercial uses within the collective property scheme.
When you insure with Santam Specialist Real Estate, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing you are well covered. Take advantage of our depth of expertise by contacting us.
T: 086 010 1305
- Head of Sales: Collin Govender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gauteng, Limpopo & North West: Mtho Hlatshwayo: email@example.com
- Eastern Cape, Western Cape & Northern Cape: Ebrahim Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org
- KZN, Mpumalanga & Free State: Megan Muller: email@example.com
Request a quote:
For our world-class claims service, contact us on:
Claims registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Geyser related claims: email@example.com
Insurance considerations in high-value estates
Estate living has become very popular in our country, but homeowners in these environments need to heed location-specific risks. Karl Bishop discusses.
Integrated real estate development insurance
Santam has introduced a seamless insurance solution that’s receiving enthusiastic support from developers and development financiers alike. Karl Bishop highlights the advantages.