With more than 40 years of experience, Santam has established itself as South Africa’s leading aviation insurer. Our expertise and commitment ensure you can always count on us when you need us most. Because much like South Africa’s best pilots, we have earned our stripes through years of experience. We make sure that every aspect of your risk is adequately covered. This means you get peace of mind knowing your aircraft is financially covered should something go wrong.
Why Santam Aviation?
- We’re the market leader.
- Our extensive knowledge in aviation insurance means you get high quality, comprehensive cover for almost any type of aircraft.
- Our commitment to exceptional service gives you value-added customer support when you need it most.
- We are knowledgeable and with over 40 years in the industry, we fully understand your risk profile and insurance needs.
- We’ve streamlined our administrative and claims processes so you get paid out as quickly as possible.
- We are financially stable.
The benefits of insuring with us
Santam is the insurer of choice for millions of South Africans countrywide. We help you be safe and stay safe – everywhere you go. If you need four more reasons to choose Insurance good and proper.Learn more
Our range of insurance solutions:
We insure a wide range of private and commercial aircraft, including:
• Corporate aircraft
• Experimental aircraft
• Agricultural aircraft
• Rotorwing aircraft
• Non-type certified aircraft
• Drones (private and commercial)
• Charter operators, private owners and recreational flying
Limits of indemnity
• Aircraft Hull All Risks (comprehensive or ground risk only cover) limit of indemnity $1 875 000.
• Aircraft Hull War Risk limit of indemnity $1 875 000.
• Third-party legal liability cover and/or third-party, and passenger legal liability (combined single limit) up to $10 000 000.
• Excess insurance (pilots, students/private/professional pilots and owners).
• Aircraft owners and operators liability.
Pilot excess waiver
This policy covers you in respect of the excess (deductible) payable in terms of the Hull All Risks policy. This covers any aircraft not owned by yourself flown under hire and fly, rental, loan or employment arrangement, or flown while undergoing slight training, not exceeding the sum insured elected by yourself and subject to a valid claim being lodged against the Hull All Risks policy covering the aircraft.
The cover excludes all losses not covered by the Hull All Risks policy covering the aircraft and cover is subject to reinstatement following a claim under this policy.
Request a quote
Take advantage of our depth of expertise by contacting us and see how we can take care of all your aviation needs in a fast, hassle-free manner
T: 011 912 8068/083 399 7802