Safeguard yourself against unforeseen vehicle emergencies with our insurance for cars, light delivery vehicles, trailers, caravans and motorcycles.
Your car is an indispensable part of your life. Consider the many potential risks that your car is exposed to and ensure that it is sufficiently protected against any eventuality.
Use our online calculator to determine if your vehicle is sufficiently insured to protect your investment.
Vehicle insurance cover options:
- Comprehensive: accidental loss or damage to a vehicle, including third party liability;
- Limited (fire and theft): accidental loss of damage to a vehicle, including third party liability – only if the loss or damage is as a result of fire, lighting, explosion, theft or attempted theft; and
- Third party only: this covers the amount for which you are legally liable to a third party (if the liability relates to the vehicle).
Comprehensive vehicle insurance includes the following benefits:
- The option of replacing a vehicle after theft or loss;
- Replacement costs for locks, keys and remote controls;
- Recovery costs for found vehicle following theft or hijacking;
- Emergency accommodation;
- Emergency costs payable to public authorities; and
- Trauma treatment.
Additional cover for comprehensively insured vehicles:
- Comprehensively insured 4x4 vehicles qualify for 4x4 specific cover, at an added monthly premium. Extended benefits include, among others, increased cover for emergency repairs, cover for winching equipment, repatriation costs as well as an extension to countries where the vehicle will be covered*, vehicle hire automatically included;
- If your comprehensively insured vehicle is a luxury vehicle you can also take out optional cover to get increased cover for loss of keys, tow-in costs, safeguarding after mechanical breakdown and many more;
- You can waive the basic excess on your vehicle; and
- You can also choose to cover the contents of your caravan or trailer, or specify certain accessories of your vehicle.
*Extended countries means the following: Normally your vehicle is covered in RSA, Namibia, Lesotho, Botswana, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Malawi and Mozambique. Extended countries mean we also cover your vehicle in Angola, Zambia, Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Click below to read a comprehensive break-down of our personal lines insurance solutions.