Buying or selling a car? We spoke to some of SA's leading car experts and motoring journalist to get their advice on what you need to know about buying a car. Their useful tips will help you make the right choice, get the most value, and take better care of yourcar. Our infographic looks at How to buy a second-hand car in 10 steps, 5 ways to increase the value of your car before selling, New or second-hand car: the pros, the cons and must-knows.
We found that there are many easy ways to spruce up your car before selling it that will increase its curb appeal. Are you considering buying a new or second-hand car? With a car journalist's help, we weigh up the pros and cons of each option. If you've settled on a second-hand car, we bring you the ultimate 10 step buying guide.
Make use of our infographic to ensure you buy a car that will give you joy - and no headaches - for many years to come.
We help to keep you safe on the road
We cover your car against accidents and damages, but we also give you peace of mind when you're on the road with our 24/7 SOS services. Santam clients get access to free 24/7 SOS services which include these great benefits:
- Home drive assistance: You will be chauffeured home safely in your vehicle if you have had more to drink than the legal limit.
- Roadside assistance: If your car breaks down, has a flat tyre or runs out of petrol within the borders of South Africa, you can call our 24/7 SOS and claims line and we'll help you out.
- Route assistance: This 24 hour helpline provides you with directional assistance if you are lost or need information to follow the correct route within the borders of South Africa.
- Home assistance: A 24 hour service for assistance with emergency household repairs that are carried out within two hours of the call before a bigger problem arises.Medical assistance: This 24 hour service helps you make arrangements for emergency transport and care when you need it.
- Legal advice: Qualified and experienced attorneys are available telephonically to assist policyholders with a range of services.