Executives and board
Currently eleven executives make up the senior management team, with Lizé Lambrechts as Chief Executive, appointed in January 2015. Santam has ten directors, serving on its board. The board is headed by VP Khanyile who is currently serving as chairman.
Santam Senior Management and appointment date
- Lizé Lambrechts, Chief Executive Officer, Appointed (2015)
- Edward Gibbens, Executive Head: Commercial & Personal, Appointed (1992)
- Kevin Wright, Executive Head: Operations & IT, Appointed (2013)
- Ebrahim Asmal, Executive head: Claims & Group Sourcing, Appointed (2012)
- Temba Mvusi, Executive Head: Market Development, Appointed (2008)
- Mokaedi Dilotsotlhe, Executive Head: Brand Services, Appointed (2016)
- Quinten Matthew, Executive Head: Specialist Business, Appointed (2009)
- John Melville, Executive Head: Risk Services, Appointed (2010)
- Hennie Nel, Chief Financial Officer, Appointed (2012)
- René Otto, CEO MiWay, Appointed (2012)
- Enid Lizamore, Executive Head: Human Resources, Appointed (2018)
- Asher Grevler, Chief Risk Officer, Appointed (2018)
Santam Limited Board of Directors
- VP Khanyile* Chairman (2018),
BCom (Hons) (Birmingham); Fellowship, Development Finance (Princeton); PhD (Hon) (WSU) – Vusi Khanyile is a founder member and the Executive Chairman of Thebe Investments. He has served as deputy registrar and special assistant to the vice-chancellor at the University of Cape Town.
- B Campbell* Director (2010),
BA, MBL, ACII & FCII (London) - Bruce Campbell is the past CEO of Mutual and Federal Insurance Company and more recently the Group CEO of Alexander Forbes. Other current board commitments include Santam Limited, Hilton College and Bellavista School
- IM Kirk* Director (2007),
FCA (Ireland), CA (SA), H.Dip BDP (Wits), Director of Centriq Insurance Holdings Ltd, SAIA, The Standard General Insurance Company Ltd, Infinit Group Risk Solutions (Pty) Ltd, Stalker Hutchison Admiral (Pty) Ltd and Beaux Lane (SA) Properties (Pty) Ltd.
- L Lambrechts** Chief Executive Officer (2015),
BSc (Hons), FIA (1992), EDP (Manchester), Director of Stalker Hutchison Admiral (Pty) Ltd, Centriq group of companies, MiWay group of companies, Emerald Risk Transfer (Pty) Ltd and chairperson of SAIA from 1 January 2015. Non-executive director of Sanlam Developing Markets, Sanlam Linked Investments, Sanlam Investments and Pensions UK, Channel Life, Glacier Financial Holdings and Sanlam UK.
- MLD Marole* Director (2011),
BA, MBA, Diploma in Tertiary Education and completed the Global Executive Leadership Programme at the Gordon Institute of Business. Chairperson of Executive Magic
- HD Nel** Executive Director (2012),
CA(SA), Director of Centriq group of companies, Emerald Risk Transfer (Pty) Ltd, MiWay group of companies, Stalker Hutchison Admiral (Pty) Ltd, Central Plaza Investments 112 (Pty) Ltd, Swanvest 120 (Pty) Ltd, Brolink (Pty) Ltd, Sanlam Emerging Markets (Pty) Ltd, Mirabilis Engineering Underwriting Managers (Pty) Ltd, First Bank Nigeria Insurance Ltd, Guardian National Insurance Company Ltd and Indwe Broker Holdings Ltd.
- MJ Reyneke* Director (2003),
B.Com. (Hons), CA (SA). Director of Centriq Insurance Company Ltd, Centriq Insurance Holdings Ltd, Centriq Life Insurance Company Ltd, Credit Guarantee Insurance Corporation of Africa Ltd, Indwe Broker Holdings Ltd, MiWay Group Holdings (Pty) Ltd, Santam Namibia Ltd, Stalker Hutchison & Associates (Pty) Ltd, The Lion of Africa Insurance Company Ltd and The Lion of Africa Holdings Company (Pty) Ltd, Aegis Insurance Company Ltd, Central Plaza Investments 112 (Pty) Ltd, Guardian National Insurance Company Ltd, Nova Risk Partners Ltd and Pinion Administrators (Pty) Ltd.
- Masood Allie Company Secretary (2011),
BA, LLB, Admitted attorney with experience in corporate and commercial law, litigation and corporate governance. Former roles include company secretary of Oceana Group Ltd and Group Legal and Regulatory Affairs Manager of Parmalat SA (Pty) Ltd.
- NV Mtetwa* Director (2017),
Previous managing executive of finance at Vodacom South Africa. Served as managing committee member and partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers. Independent non-executive director and audit committee chair of the Development Bank of Southern Africa. Independent non-executive director of Aviation Co-ordination Services (Pty) Ltd.
- PE Speckmann* Director (2017),
Previous group finance director of Metropolitan/ MMI Holdings Ltd.
* - Non-executive Director
** - Executive Director