Executives and board
Currently eleven executives make up the senior management team, with Lizé Lambrechts as Chief Executive, appointed in January 2015. Santam has ten directors, serving on its board. The board is headed by VP Khanyile who is currently serving as chairman.
Santam Senior Management and appointment date
- Lizé Lambrechts, Chief Executive Officer, Appointed (2015)
- Edward Gibbens, Executive Head: Commercial & Personal, Appointed (1992)
- Kevin Wright, Executive Head: Operations & IT, Appointed (2013)
- Ebrahim Asmal, Executive head: Claims & Group Sourcing, Appointed (2012)
- Temba Mvusi, Executive Head: Market Development, Appointed (2008)
- Mokaedi Dilotsotlhe, Executive Head: Brand Services, Appointed (2016)
- Quinten Matthew, Executive Head: Specialist Business, Appointed (2009)
- John Melville, Executive Head: Risk Services, Appointed (2010)
- Hennie Nel, Chief Financial Officer, Appointed (2012)
- René Otto, CEO MiWay, Appointed (2012)
- Enid Lizamore, Executive Head: Human Resources, Appointed (2018)
- Asher Grevler, Chief Risk Officer, Appointed (2018)
Santam Limited Board of Directors
- VP Khanyile* Independent non-executive chairman (68),
BComm (Hons) (Birmingham), Hon PhD
Appointed to the board on 23 April 2018
Executive chairman of Thebe Investment Corporation (Pty) Ltd. Director of Sun International (Pty) Ltd, Thebe Foundation, WWF South Africa, WeGrow Farming Enterprises (Pty) Ltd and
Main Street Holdings.
- B Campbell* Independent non-executive director (68),
BA, MBL, ACII & FCII (UK)
Appointed 4 October 2010
Director of NicozDiamond Insurance Ltd (Zimbabwe). Previous managing director of Mutual & Federal Insurance Holdings Ltd and previous group chief executive officer of Alexander Forbes.
- MD Fandeso* Independent Non-executive director (61),
Appointed 15 January 2020
B.Sc. (Hons) (University of Wales), MBA (Wharton Business School), CSEP (Columbia Business School). Director of Tiger Brands (Ltd) and Thebe Investment Corporation
- IM Kirk* Non-executive director (60),
FCA (Ireland), CA(SA), HDip BDP (Wits)
Appointed 14 June 2007
Chief executive officer of Sanlam Ltd and Sanlam Life Insurance Ltd. Previous chief executive officer of Santam Ltd from 2007 to 2014. Director of Sanlam Capital Markets (Pty) Ltd, Sanlam Emerging Markets (Pty) Ltd, Sanlam Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd, Shriram Capital Ltd, AfroCentric Investment Corp Ltd and chairman of Association for Savings & Investment South Africa.
- L Lambrechts** Chief Executive Officer (55),
BSc (Hons), FIA (1992), EDP (Manchester)
Appointed 1 January 2015
Director of Stalker Hutchison Admiral (Pty) Ltd, Centriq group of companies, MiWay group of companies, Emerald Risk Transfer (Pty) Ltd, Santam Structured Insurance group of companies,
Saham Finances S.A., SAN JV and chairperson of SAIA.
- MLD Marole* Independent non-executive director (58),
BComm, Dip Tertiary Education, MBA
Appointed 13 December 2011
Director of MTN Group Ltd, Mobile Telephone Networks Holdings (Pty) Ltd, MTN International (Pty) Ltd, South African Post Office SOC Ltd, Richards Bay Minerals (Pty) Ltd and Development Bank of Southern Africa. Trustee of the Emthunzini BBBEE Community Trust
- HD Nel** Chief financial officer, executive director (50),
Appointed 17 September 2012
Director of Centriq group of companies, MiWay group of companies, Santam Structured Insurance group of companies, Santam Specialist Underwriting Managers, Swanvest 120 (Pty) Ltd, Brolink (Pty) Ltd, Sanlam Emerging Markets (Pty) Ltd, First Bank Nigeria General
Insurance Ltd, Guardian National Insurance Company Ltd, Indwe Broker Holdings Ltd and Santam Namibia Ltd.
- MJ Reyneke* Independent non-executive director (60),
Appointed 26 August 2003
Director of African Rainbow Capital (Pty) Ltd, Ubuntu-Botho Investment Holdings (Pty) Ltd, UBI General Partners (Pty) Ltd and Uyanda STI Careers (Pty) Ltd.
- Masood Allie Company Secretary (43),
Appointed as company secretary on 1 February 2011
Admitted attorney with experience in corporate and commercial law, litigation and corporate governance. Former roles include company secretary of Oceana Group Ltd and Group Legal and Regulatory Affairs Manager of Parmalat SA (Pty) Ltd.
- PE Speckmann* Independent non-executive director (62),
Appointed 8 February 2017
Director of MiWay group of companies, Centriq group of companies, BrightRock group of companies, African Rainbow Life Ltd, Sanlam Developing Markets Ltd, Sanlam Investments Ltd, Safrican Insurance Company Ltd and Impala Platinum Holdings Ltd. Previous group
financial director of MMI Holdings group. Former roles include senior finance positions at Old Mutual, Pepkor Group, Seagram SA and audit partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
* - Non-executive Director
** - Executive Director